I have finished two ornaments. They were stitched on a pink fabric from Silkweavers using Wildflowers thread. I used my crop-a-dile (boy have I been using that thing) to add some pink ribbon eyelets and some circle eyelets. I finished it as a flat pin keep and put some pink and white lace trim around it. I added a small picture frame to one at the bottom and a little charm that says "Love much" to the other. I think the additions would look better if it had been made as a diamond instead of a square, but I am quite pleased with them. I finished them with some pink ribbon fabric. Hope you like them!
What is stitching for a cure? It started as a year long project to help save lives. We were stitching ornaments that decorated a tree that was raffled off on Thanksgiving 2009. The money raised went to American Cancer Society.
We have raised over $1000 with that project. We went on in 2010 to stitch quilt blocks and to make 3 quilts. Those quilts raised over $2000. Amazing. My focus has turned to a new cause. Juvenile Diabetes. I am not sure what our next project will be, but I am sure that our stitching will play a big part in this adventure. Come join us by stitching or simply following us on our journey!
I hope to educate anyone reading this blog on Juvenile Diabetes. But mostly, we want to stitch for a cure!
I am 55 glorious years old and married to a wonderful man. I have one daughter who lives in Houston and 2 grandsons (ages 12 & 14).
I love traveling locally and chatting with friends.
I am retired and loving it!