Monday, August 3, 2009

I know, I know

I know it has been a long time since I posted. I am sorry. There is much to report.
However, I must have used my camera too much on my vacation last week because I can't get it to take a picture to save my soul.
So I will try to be as descriptive as possible.
First off, let me tell you that Jo's Bear and the Peace,Love & a Cure pillow made by Marian of Gumbo and Grits made $180 from the raffle we did for them! Wowie!
Thanks Marian! We are off to a great start!
Second, I have received many, many ornaments. I received some from Janet today that are beautiful and one from Bree today. All are just lovely.
Last week I received a box of 30 (yes THIRTY) ornaments from Wanda Neal. She participated in a contest with a Yahoo group and was the winner of the most ornaments made. They are just beautiful. Each one has it's own "personality".
Today I also received a box of pink and white machine stitched ornaments from Cindy's Aunt Sue from NC. There are 64 ornaments in the box including a beautiful angel tree topper. Some ornaments are 3 dimensional. Some go over pink glass balls. There are tear drops, ball ornaments, angels, Cure ribbons, just everything.
I have decided since these ornaments go so well together that we are going to do 2 trees! The one with Aunt Sue's ornaments will be a small tree, maybe 4 feet, maybe 5 depending on when I spread the ornaments out and see what size tree we need.
The other ornaments are going to go on a 6 1/2 foot tree. I think we will do $1 a ticket for the smaller tree and $5 a ticket for the larger tree.
My fear was that some people wouldn't want to risk $5 on just one ticket. But they might risk $5 on 5 tickets.
At this point the big tree is almost complete. I know Cindy and a few others have ornies they are finishing up and with those I think we will be set.
But if you want to make an ornament and haven't yet, please don't stop. Every ornament will be used to raise money. If we have more than will fit on the tree, we will sell the individual ornaments.
Prayerfully I will get my camera up and running so you can see some of the beautiful work that has been sent to me.
You all have been such a blessing. Right now our SFAC has brought in a total of $205 for cancer awareness (all to ACS). Our goal is $5000 and I think, no I believe, we will go over that goal.
You all are ANGELS. Your gift that has been given to you has been put to great use. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I may not meet all of you in person, but I can truly say I love you. Such generous, sweet people. Bless you all!
I will update you all along the way to the big day, the day before Thanksgiving when we raffle off BOTH trees! TWO TREES! Who woulda thunk it?

8 comments:

Emily in NC said...

You have gotten to many ornaments from people, that is great, and 180$ for one, that is great.

Fatema ( SL ) said...

This is great news Donna.
Cant wait to see your lovely trees.
Good luck and all the best.

Sew Sew Special said...

Yay you, and your supporters!!, I printed off a couple of designs, and will e-mail you when I get them finished. I'm hoping our relay theme this year is craft related!! We're in the voting process now!

Karan said...

Fabulous news Donna! Did the stitching for two ornies whilst on vacation - will get the beading & finishing done soon then mail them on. :0)

Tara said...

You are the angel Donna! Without you SFAC would never have existed. Can't wait to see the finished tree!!

rho said...

While looking up pepole I know, I found your blog. Donna, I am so proud of and for you! I and thrilled that you found James and the happiness you so richly deserve!!! You have always had a heart of pure gold and a life spirit that is second to none. YOU have ALWAYS been a giving and loving person. God bless you for this project. I lost my mom to complication following breast cancer treatment....wrong chemo, wrong dose. I wish you the best and know that you will exceed your goal!

drea_dear said...

Great news, to go from worrying about finishing one, to having more than enough for 2! Looks like I'll have to get an early start on next year to make sure I get ornies on the tree! I have 3 completed, and plan to stitch 2 more.

Donna said...

More info Rho? I think I know who you are, but more info on your blog would top it off.
And thank you for the kind words.