Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today I stitch for Brenden

I just read a story about a young boy who lost his fight with leukemia. But his dying wish was to make a difference. And he did. Read about him here:
http://cbs11tv.com/health/Brenden.Foster.dying.2.867696.html
Today I stitch for Brenden and all the other Brendens. I stitch for a cure to this disease called cancer that comes in many forms. I stitch because like Brenden, I want to make a difference.
Thank you for joining me. And let's all, in our own way, say a prayer for Brenden and his family. And let's all say "Hooray, great job Brenden! YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHER'S LIVES AND IN MINE!"

2 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Thanks for sharing Donna. I saw this on t.v. too and I just wanted to be there with him and squeeze and hug him, tell him how proud I was of him, let him know how he made my heart smile with his kindness, but cry with his passing.
Donna, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I had not hear anything about Brenden until this post.

His kindness and love of others made my heart melt. I wish more people and children had his love of others.

I will try my hardest to stitch at least one ornament for your tree in Brenden's honor.

Thank you for sharing his story with us.

May all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.... May all find a little love in their hearts this holiday season.