Friday, March 5, 2010

Ok, you asked for it!

You asked for more survivor stories and more education in this blog and I am going to do my best to give it to you. So here goes!
March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Here is a post from American Cancer Society:

American Cancer Society - High Plains Division, Inc. Getting tested for colon cancer can save your life. Colon cancer is one of only two cancers that can actually be prevented through screening.If you are 50 or older, talk to your doctor about getting tested, even if you have no symptoms. If you have a family history of colon cancer or polyps, you may need to get tested ...earlier than age 50. Colon cancer is highly treatable if found in its early stages.Visit cancer.org/colon for more information.

So ok. Are you 50? Do you have a family history of colon cancer? If so, go get tested NOW!!! Promise me you will do this because I want you to be around for a long, long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you will be giving informative info.... oh and I mastered the three column... check it out I am so proud of myself