Monday, January 26, 2009

Another ornament from me



I have stitched another blackwork cancer ornament. This time in teal for ovarian cancer. I am not as fond of this ornament as I was the other one, but at least it is done. I used the same trim around it as I did the other. I coffee dyed the trim also like I had done before.
I do not know why this pattern gives me fits. It is not a difficult pattern. Just straight forward backstitching. But I have done more cussing on these two ornaments than I have done on any stitching in a long, long time.
And it is a diamond shape. For the life of me, when I go to finish it with my backboard, I cannot seem to get it straight. It is just a square turned on it's side but it gives me nothing but absolute problems.
And I have committed to myself to do one more of these blackwork ornaments in pink. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

It looks so good, Donna!

Karan said...

Worth the cussing - it looks lovely. :0)