I have stitched another blackwork cancer ornament. This time in teal for ovarian cancer. I am not as fond of this ornament as I was the other one, but at least it is done. I used the same trim around it as I did the other. I coffee dyed the trim also like I had done before. I do not know why this pattern gives me fits. It is not a difficult pattern. Just straight forward backstitching. But I have done more cussing on these two ornaments than I have done on any stitching in a long, long time. And it is a diamond shape. For the life of me, when I go to finish it with my backboard, I cannot seem to get it straight. It is just a square turned on it's side but it gives me nothing but absolute problems. And I have committed to myself to do one more of these blackwork ornaments in pink. Keep your fingers crossed.
What is stitching for a cure? It started as a year long project to help save lives. We were stitching ornaments that decorated a tree that was raffled off on Thanksgiving 2009. The money raised went to American Cancer Society.
We have raised over $1000 with that project. We went on in 2010 to stitch quilt blocks and to make 3 quilts. Those quilts raised over $2000. Amazing. My focus has turned to a new cause. Juvenile Diabetes. I am not sure what our next project will be, but I am sure that our stitching will play a big part in this adventure. Come join us by stitching or simply following us on our journey!
I hope to educate anyone reading this blog on Juvenile Diabetes. But mostly, we want to stitch for a cure!
I am 55 glorious years old and married to a wonderful man. I have one daughter who lives in Houston and 2 grandsons (ages 12 & 14).
I love traveling locally and chatting with friends.
I am retired and loving it!