After much debating on how to finish my first ornament for this project, I decided to let the stitching stand for itself. I made it into a flat hanging ornament and for the trim I coffee-dyed some simple lacy trim. I used my Crop-a-Dile and put an eyelet in the corner to hang the ornament by. Then I simply thread some of the same beads I used on the ornament to make a hanger for it. I am quite pleased with this and think it will be a nice addition to the tree.
What is stitching for a cure? It started as a year long project to help save lives. We were stitching ornaments that decorated a tree that was raffled off on Thanksgiving 2009. The money raised went to American Cancer Society.
We have raised over $1000 with that project. We went on in 2010 to stitch quilt blocks and to make 3 quilts. Those quilts raised over $2000. Amazing. My focus has turned to a new cause. Juvenile Diabetes. I am not sure what our next project will be, but I am sure that our stitching will play a big part in this adventure. Come join us by stitching or simply following us on our journey!
I hope to educate anyone reading this blog on Juvenile Diabetes. But mostly, we want to stitch for a cure!
I am 55 glorious years old and married to a wonderful man. I have one daughter who lives in Houston and 2 grandsons (ages 12 & 14).
I love traveling locally and chatting with friends.
I am retired and loving it!