Sunday, October 18, 2009

The tree, Relay, and more

Last night was Relay For Life and the debut of the trees! I want to caution you this will be very picture heavy.
I tried to get as many different views of the tree so you could all see your ornaments. If you don't see your individual ornament, don't fret. It was there. It was just hard to get pics of all 150+ ornaments. Let's just say the tree was fuller than full.
With no further ado, here we go:




















I didn't raise as much money as I had hoped at Relay but we still have until Thanksgiving to sell these tickets and remember, I am pulling out all the stops!
Relay was AMAZING! If you wondered why we did this, I think this picture of some of the luminarias says it all:

And remember our little hero MaKenzie? Here are some lighted luminarias for her:


And one final picture after we moved the trees last night to our donor center where they will be on display:

Once again thank you all for your support. And this blog won't be going away. I will keep you updated on the final money raised as it comes in.
And, keep your eye out! I have THREE MORE RELAYS in the spring and there will be stitching opportunities for them.
All in all, EVERYONE who saw the trees were in awe. I had so much fun telling them about each and everyone of you. I told some of your stories, passed along messages of hope.
Thank you for giving so much hope to so many!

9 comments:

crossstitchbibs said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! All of the stitchers did a marvelous job!!

Tara said...

Love you Donna! What a fabulous tree. It looks amazing!

Cindy's Stitching said...

They look so pretty. I will definately participate also in the spring. It was a pleasure to partipate in. Great job

Carol said...

Loved seeing the pictures. Thanks Donna for all your efforts. Looking forward to helping out with your other projects.

Emily in NC said...

Oh my, what a wonderful tree, pray that you can raise all the money you need. If you keep this up maybe in a couple years I can participate, it is just to time consuming with a 2 year old.

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome, Donna!

CindyMae said...

Oh my goodness, the tree looks amazing!!!! That is just so awesome. I am sorry that you did not raise as much as you wanted, but just remember that every cent helps!!!!! You are doing an amazing thing organizing all of this!! I will look forward to more updates as well as the spring relays!!

Cindy F. said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics with us:)

Karan said...

Oh WOW! The trees look amazing. Thank you for sharing the pics Donna. Hope the money comes pouring in. :0)