Friday, October 30, 2009

New SFAC Project

Hello all! I know we just finished with the ornament project and we are still raffling off the tree.
But we have 3 more Relays this spring and we need fundraisers for them all. The trees were so successful and many of you have told me you would like to continue to be a part of our ongoing projects.
Our first project is a quilt. A small 26x26 hanging quilt with twelve 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 stitched squares and a middle piece that is mostly backstitched letters.
Here are the details:
Each small square will be stitched with two shades of DMC on 28 count evenweave cream Lugana (I will supply the DMC and the Lugana).
The larger piece will be stitched on 28 count evenweave Cream Lugana and will have 2 shades of pink, 1 shade of purple, and 2 shades of green DMC (again, I will supply the DMC and the Lugana).
I need them in my hot little hands by Feb. 1 in order to have them quilted together (still need a quilter since I don't sew. If anyone quilts and would like to take on this project, please e-mail me and I will give you details. All fabrics, threads, etc. will be provided). The Relay is the end of April and I need to have the quilt itself finished by mid March.
The pattern for this project is located on my right sidebar under quilt patterns. The small pattern is the Dragonfly Stitches Breast Cancer pattern (I resized it for printing). The larger middle piece is the "What Cancer Cannot Do" by Gloria & Pat.
Here are the color options:
Pink DMC 601 & 603 For Breast Cancer
We need two pink squares (ONE TAKEN ON 11/01 by Janet)
Still need a pink square! (TAKEN ON 11/02 by Cathy)
Yellow DMC 725 & 727 For Bladder Cancer (TAKEN ON 10/31 by Vicki)
Blue DMC 824 & 826 For Colorectal Cancer (TAKEN ON 11/01 by Marian)
Purple DMC 333 & 340 For Pancreatic, Testicular and Thyroid
We need two purple squares (BOTH TAKEN ON 10/31 by Zerelda & Linda)
Green DMC 699 & 701 For Kidney Cancer
Orange DMC 900 & 947 For Leukemia (TAKEN ON 11/02 by Sandra)
Brown DMC 433 & 436 For Colon Cancer
Lavendar DMC 210 & 208 For General Cancer Awareness
We need two lavendar squares
I don't mean to be so specific on colors and fabric, but since it is a quilt it needs to all "match".
We also have a teal square that is being done by another stitcher.
We need 1 middle piece with the Gloria & Pat Design, "What Cancer Cannot Do".
I am also needing someone to stitch two more of the G&P WCCD pieces that will be made into throw pillows for the other 2 Relays in the spring.
SO, ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? If so, please email me at stitchingforacure@yahoo.com
with your square/color choices. Please include your mailing address in the body of the e-mail so I can send your fabric and thread.
Since there are so few squares and fabric is so high, only sign up if you are sure you can fulfill this.
And thank you again from the bottom of my heart. We are going to STITCH FOR A CURE and make lots of money for American Cancer Society Relay For Life!

No comments: